cube care: getting started
Charge your Battery Cube with the USB cable in your kit. We recommend charging the Battery Cube as soon as you open your new kit to make sure it's fully charged for optimal play time. (The law only allows Lithium-ion batteries to ship with a 30% charge.) Plug the USB into the port on the side of the Cube, and the large flat USB port into a wall-adapter or USB port on a computer. There is an LED next to the USB port on your Battery Cube. When this LED is green, the battery is fully charged. If the light is red it means the battery is still charging.
Turn the Battery Cube ON using the switch on the side. A light on the top of the Battery Cube will turn green.
Turn the Battery Cube OFF with the switch on the side before you put it away (the light will also turn off).
What life should I expect for my battery? Average battery life is one hour or more, depending on how you use it. Powering a Circuit Cube LED might last hours; adding a motor might drain it in 60 minutes.
How do I charge my Battery Cube? Connect the provided USB cable to a computer that itself is connected to an electrical outlet or to a USB wall adapter.
How can I tell if my Battery Cube is charging? If the light on top is red, the battery is charging.
How do I know if my Battery Cube is charged? If the light on top is green, it's charged.
How do I know if my Battery Cube is on? A light on the top of the Battery Cube will be green when it's on.
How do I know if my Battery Cube is off? The green light turns off when the Cube is off.
My Cube doesn’t work. Run through a few easy questions. Chances are one of them is your solution!
• Have you charged it?
• Is the power switch on?
• If you’re using wires, are you using both at the same time? This is necessary if the Cubes are being used at a physical distance from one another.
• Are your wires touching? Touching wires can reverse the polarity and LEDs are polarity-sensitive. You may need to reverse the wires.
Never drop the Battery Cube in water or connect a single wire between the two metal terminals. This will cause a short circuit and could damage the charge circuit inside the Battery Cube. If you happen to cause a short circuit while the Battery Cube is on, the light on top of the Cube will flash red and green and power will be cut off from the terminals until the short circuit is removed. Once the short circuit is removed, the light will go back to being solid green. • This product contains small magnets. Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious injuries. Seek immediate medical attention if magnets are swallowed or inhaled. • This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects (or other reproductive harm). • They may get hot and explode if instructions for use are not followed. • Choking hazard—small parts. Not for children under 3 years.